Monday, April 30, 2007

Hopefully we won' t have much post-op pain

Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming changes on this site. With help from my very engineery and technologically superior Gringito Mio, my blog is going under the knife. In celebration of our six month blogiversary, Blog and I decided she’d get a brow lift and a jowl tuck. I rallied for the liposuction, but Blog here thought that having a big ass builds character…so she vetoed the idea. Gawd, she can be such a bitch.

In all seriousness, there are some serious html shenanigans and hullabaloo goings on back here behind the curtain. And, if we press all the right keys, we’ll have a new look and even a new, exciting masthead…with a real life picture of an identifiable part of my person!! For those of you who follow along here regularly (and I think there are seven of you now), you’re probably thinking that part might be my ass. You’re mistaken. (Though not mistaken for thinking I actually considered it!) (I did.) (But even I have standards of decency.) (Ha!)

Keep your fingers crossed that we don’t somehow manage to html ourselves a big, red, blinking delete button!

11 comments:

Mrs. Spencer said...

i hope surgery goes well. i can't wait to see your extreme makeover!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Woo hoo! You're very brave. I'd love to make changes to my boring stock template, but am mostly illiterate in html.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

are you moving? or giving the old place a coat of paint?

La Cubana Gringa said...

nicole - Thanks! Our pre-op appointment uncovered a few potential complications, so we're proceeding with caution!

heartinsf - That's what I've got an engineery boyfriend for! ;)

enidd - Not quite sure yet...it depends on how complicated things might get...I may move. Or I may just throw my hands up, go get a beer and just settle for changing my masthead. I might have a beer either way, actually.

Waspgoddess said...

I'm soooo disappointed to hear that I won't be making a closer acquaintance with your bottom, but v happy to hear that part of your person will finally be visible. It has been a tortuous wait.

Brown said...

Well, I guess a little head never hurt.

Pendullum said...

I hope the surgery goes well... I am quite envious as I have not a clue as to do these things...
Looking forward to the new design... Lemme know when it is up and running...

Magda said...

Hi, I've been lurking for quite some time. Love your blog!
Keeping fingers crossed, and looking forward to new and improved blog-face:)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Engineery boyfriends rule.

Jay said...

Oh good luck with that!
Remember, vicodin helps!

La Cubana Gringa said...

waspgoddess - Well, don't get your hopes up too high...that part could just be my elbow. ;)

mr. poopie - Sucio. Puerco. Atrevido. I like it.

pendullum - Will do!

magda - Hi! Yay! So glad you de-lurked! Thanks for the well wishes!

jay - I know, but it makes me feel loopy.