Monday, December 18, 2006

Gluttony and Charity

Like Ebony and Ivory. Who knew they could go together so well?

Despite the Muppet show at the airport on Saturday, I did manage to make it back to SF in time for the Dessert and Wine Party that The Brit, our roommates, and I hosted at our house. (Or should I say…I made it back to SF in time to be the maid of honor in that wedding…wink, wink.) I even had time to throw together my famous Cuban flan (for…errr…the wedding reception of course)! A fabulous time was had by all. Hoards of people came to partake of the desserts that The Brit crafted over the course of the week (his dessert-making skill is one of the reasons I date him…he had me when he made Winter-Spiced Molten Chocolate Cakes two years ago). [See below for list of desserts and links to their recipes.] Also, I am happy to report, this year’s party did not go without the holiday tradition of at least ONE couple banging each other senseless in our Christmas-candle lit guest bathroom while a bunch of “innocent bystanders” waiting for the bathroom stood less-than-discretely by the door to listen. Yes. A good time was had by all indeed.

What’s more, we started a new holiday tradition: collecting “suggested donations” at the door for a charity. This year’s charity, Habitat for Humanity. With all the people that came, most of whom gave happily (some of whom we had to beat senseless and then feed mercilessly), we managed to raise $723.00. We like our friends. I think Habitat will like them too. Good job all!

Dont’cha wish your boyfriend cooked HOT like this…

Chocolate Caramel Walnut Torte
Frozen Grand Marnier Torte
Poached Pear Tart with Caramelized Pistachios
Toffee Crunch Caramel Cheesecake
Orange Blossom Cheesecake with Raspberry & Pomegranate Sauce
Raspberry, White Chocolate & Almond Trifle
Pistachio Crème Brulee with Sour Cherry Sauce
Strawberry Baked Alaska
Spiced Chocolate Torte wrapped with Chocolate Ribbons
Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
Cuban Flan (If I told you the secret recipe, I’d be forced to destroy you.)

No comments: